How to reset Mac To Factory Settings in No Time
In this article, we will guide you on how to reset Mac to factory settings. Reset your Mac to factory settings can help you in many ways for example- if you are having any issues with your device functioning you can simply reset it, or if you’re selling it or passing it to someone, reset it and remove your account from it, so that no personal information will pass to another person.
Using our step by step guide you can easily reset Mac to factory settings. And don’t worry about your MacBook data, we have your back. Read our step by step guide on how to create a time machine backup and restore it. So, are you ready? let’s start the process, and stay focus.
Must-Do Things Before Reset A Mac To Factory Settings
Before I guide you how to reset Mac to factory settings there are some important steps that you need to follow which will help you backup your personal information.
Follow this five-step guide in which I will guide you on how to remove your apps and deauthorize them so you never lose your data at the time of device reset.
Step1: Create A Backup or Clone your MacBook Hard Drive
Before resetting your MacBook you need to backup all the important data to make it safe.
>>How to backup MacBook with Time Machine?
1. Connect the external hard drive with your system. You will see its name on your MacBook screen.
2. Open the System preferences and click on the Time machine
3. Select your backup disk. You can use the Encrypt backup method to make it more secure. For this, you need to tick the Encrypt backup option.
4. Click on Use Disk and it will calculate the data space and start the backup process.
5. After completion of the backup, you will get a notification on your screen.
Readers Also Like:
>>How To Make A Clone Of Your Hard Drive On MacBook?
1. The first step is to connect the hard drive with your device. Then connect your device with a power cable as this process can take a long time and we don’t want your system to die in between this whole process.
2. Now Restart your device using Command and R key. Press the power button and hold the Command and R key and release them when you saw Apple’s logo on the screen.
3. Once its Restart click on Disk utility option.
5. Click on restore and select the drive from the dropdown and then hit restore button.
6. After completing the cloning you will see screen like this(see image)
9. You can check each app and file one by one, if they are working or not.
Step 2: Deauthorize Your iTunes Account
Make sure you deauthorize your system form all the important apps like iTunes, iCloud, iMessage, etc. So, let’s start with iTunes. Open iTunes and then click on account hover over authorization and from option click on deauthorize. It will ask you to enter Apple id Password. That’s it.
If you are using iTunes 11 and earlier then the setting would be a little different. In older versions click on Store > Deauthorize This Computer that’s it.
Step 3: Disable iCloud
3. Make sure everything is checked and then click on Keep a copy, after that, you get some options follow them and click on Delete from Mac and it will ask for your Apple id password.
4. Enter your Apple id password and you are now sign out from iCloud.
Step 4: Sign out of iMessage
Step 5: Unpair Bluetooth devices
How To Reset A MacBook Pro Or MacBook Air?
• The first step is to Restart your MacBook in Recovery Mode.
• In the second step hold down the Command and R keys (look image) on the keyboard and turn on the MacBook and do this until you saw Apple’s logo on the screen.
• Choose Disk Utility and click continue.
• Choose your startup disk (Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase icon. (see image)
• In the next step, you will see a dropdown from where you can select the option to choose. Choose APFS and the hit erase. Click on it and it will start erasing the data.
• You will see a message on your screen that all the data in Macintosh HD is deleted.
From the main menu, choose Reinstall macOS option which is second option from top and click continue.
• It will start the reinstallation process, choose your drive, and follow the step. Everything is done check your MacBook, it is factory reset now.
I explained everything on how to reset Mac to factory settings. If you have any query then you can comment below we will definitely try to help you. You can also visit Apple Support and tell them about your issue.
Well, there is no fixed time for it, it all depends upon your system.
Don't worry you can follow the step by step guide given in this post and reset mac to factory settings.
You can backup every bit of data that is available in the mac, without any problem.
No, if you reset Mac to factory settings it will fix all the problems and you will get better performance.
Make sure, you follow the same steps that we mentioned in this post. But if you still face any issue you comment below, we will try to help you.