How To Find Printer Ip Address? Super Easy Trick That Make You Expert.
Don’t know what is IP address and why it is important for you? With the help of this, you’ll be able to start fixing any connection issues by typing it into the command prompt box. You can connect the new printer in seconds. For example, in mac, you can add a new printer by simply entering the IP address, which takes only a minute if you know the IP address of the device. (see image)
5 Methods To Find Printer IP Address
1. Find Your Printer IP address Windows 10
Find your Printer’s IP address In windows 10 using Control Panel
2. Find Printer IP address Window 10 using Command Prompt
Open Command Prompt window and to do that you can use two methods.
First is using Shortcut key-> Press and hold Window key and R, you will see a small search box in this box type cmd and hit enter.
And the second method is in the Windows search box type Command Prompt and click on it.
2. You will see some numbers on your screen, find your IPv4 address, and note down the number written in front of it.
3. In the next step type ping followed by space and then your IPv4 address number and hit enter. You will get Ping statistics for IPv4 addresses like Packet sent, Received, etc.
4. After the results load, type arp -a command and hit Enter. You will see all the dynamic and static connections using the IPv4 address on your screen.
5. Open a web browser and paste the Dynamic IP address that you got from the arp command. If you get more than one addresses then paste each address and check them one by one.
6. If any IP address opens the printer setup page, that means this would be your printer’s IP address. On the printer webpage, you can see your product name and its working status as if the printer is connected on not and how much ink you have in your tray.
3. Find your Printer IP address in Mac
4. Find your Printer’s IP address from the Printer menu
If you have a printer with a display screen then you can use this method. So, let’s start the process, first power on your printer, and make sure it is connected and you are not getting any blinking lite. Now follow these steps carefully.
• On the printer, press the Menu or Setup button.
• Use buttons to navigate and find networking or network setup option and then press Enter.
• Use arrow keys to navigate and explore all the options. Now click on the option named similar to TCP/IP, IP address, or Network Status, or Wi-Fi Status to view the IP address settings. Name can be different for different devices.
• You will find your printer’s IP address listed in this section.
5. Find Printer IP address from Router panel
It doesn’t matter if you are using a Mac or a PC, you can find your printer’s IP address by accessing your router.
1. Type your Router’s Local IP address in the browser it will look like 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
2. You will see the router’s login page. You need to enter the username and password to enter the dashboard.
3. After login, you can find your printer’s IP address under the list of devices connected to the network, or DHCP Client Table or a client list varies from company to company.
4. Click on the client list and find your printer to obtain its IP address.
Note: Setting can be named differently depending on your router’s model. You can check for words like network, connected device, network topology, etc.