5 Methods To Change you Wifi Password
How To Change Wifi Router Password
Most routers provide a web-based administrative interface that you can access via your browser by typing in the router’s local IP address.
- So, the first step to change your wifi password is to log in to your router dashboard and for this, you required the router’s IP address.
- In the second step, you’ll need to use a browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access your router. For this, you can use a computer or laptop, because on mobile you might not see all the settings.
- Please note that some routers provide different admin interfaces. For example, some router manufacturers offer smartphone apps for changing settings and some offer other methods so, be sure to check for specific instructions for your router.
Note: If you are not able to connect via Wi-Fi because you don’t know the password, then you can use the Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the router, and for this, you don’t need any password.
what is my router IP address?
Before you learn how to change wifi router password it is best to learn about router ip address. IP address is like address of that particular thing which we can use to find it on internet. There are lots of methods that you can use to find your wifi router Ip address. We will show you all the possible methods which you can use you find your IP address.
Readers Also Like
How To Find Your IP Address On Windows 10 Using CMD?
- On your computer click Windows and R key simultaneously, a small search box will appear (see image), and then type in “cmd” and press Enter, it will open the command prompt window.
- Now in the second step, we will use the ipconfig command, With the help of this command you will find out your current IP address. Type in ipconfig and hit Enter. As you hit the enter you will see some numbers on your screen, look for Default Gateway. The number that is written in front of the Default Gateway is the IP address of your network, note it down and type it in your browser, and then hit enter, and it will open the router’s login dashboard. Enter you username and password and tweak all the settings.
How To Find Your IP Address On Window 10 Using Control Panel?
- The first step is to type the control panel in the search box and hit enter.
- The second step- find the Network and Sharing Center and click on it.
- The third step is to click on the network on then click on Details.
In the last step scroll down and look for IPv4 Default Gateway. The 9 digit number that is written in front of it is your IP address.
How to find Your IP address on mac OS?
- The first step is to click the Apple menu, and then select “System Preferences.” In the System Preferences window, click the “Network” icon, and then select your Wi-Fi network and then click “Advanced.”
From the given option click on the “TCP/IP” tab and look for the router’s address to the right of “Router”. Yes, this 9-digit number is your IP address. Copy it and paste in your browser and hit enter to open the wifi router admin panel.
How To Find Your IP Address On iPhone And iPad?
Finding an IP address on an iPhone or iPad is very easy, for this just click on Settings then Wi-Fi, and then tap on the name of your Wi-Fi network. You’ll see the router’s IP address listed as “Router”.
Find IP Address On Your Router?
Another way you can use to find your wifi router’s IP address is to look at the bottom side of your router or you can check its box. Many routers come with a printed sticker which you can find at the backside of it.
If you don’t find it on your router then you can type your router name in the web browser (Google. Mozilla etc.) and it will tell you the default IP address which is used to log in. Once you get your IP address type it in the browser and hit enter.
Open Router’s Dashboard:
To login into the system you need to enter the username and password, if you don’t know what it is or where to find it, then don’t worry we will guide you.
- All the router manufacturer’s used default username and password which is prefixed by the company that is “Admin” or “userAdmin” and the password is “admin”, “password” or your current WiFi’s password. Of course, this varies from model to model, so you should search your model online to see your exact login info.
- you can try using the most common default usernames and passwords. We have created a short list of login details from some of the most popular wifi routers:
- You can also search at the router backside as some wifi router comes with printed login details at the bottom side of it. use that username and password to log in.
- If you’ve changed the login in the past and since forgot it, then you’ll need to press and hold the Reset button on the router for about 30 seconds. This simple step will reset the settings to default, and allow you to log in with the default username and password.
Open the Wireless section
Once you are logged into your router dashboard, you will need to find the Wireless section of the configuration page. Name can be different for different manufacturers. The important thing is you are looking for a “Wireless” or “Wireless Settings/Setup” tab or button, find it and click on it.
Change the router password
Now, look for the box labeled “Password” or “Passphrase” or “Shared Key”. There you can enter your new password. Some routers may ask you to re-enter the password for confirmation.
- Now some points to remember before setting up your new password.
- It should not be short and easy to guess like 12345, or your date of birth, your mobile number, etc. You should choose a password with a minimum of 8 keywords.
- Use special characters like @, *, /, & etc. This will strengthen your password.
- Try to use a combination of words, letters, and a special character like [email protected], or 12456aK!!
- The most important thing is written it down somewhere, because if you forgot it then you need to reset your router and then update it with a new password.
Check your security type
As you are logged in you can play with security settings and set it as per your requirement. There are three main types of wireless encryption 1st is WEP, 2nd is WPA, and 3rd is WPA2. We will suggest you choose WPA2 as it is the most secure network. You may run into issues connecting older devices, in that case, you can switch to WPA or WPA/WPA2. Save user settings and close the admin panel.