How To Backup Your iPhone Like A Pro
Hey Reader, If you don’t know how to backup your iPhone, or what are the different methods that can be used to backup your iPhone then don’t worry.
In this article, you will learn everything about the iPhone Backup- Things I will cover in this article are-
- What is Backup?
- Why you should backup your iPhone?
- How to enable iCloud to backup your iPhone?
- How to backup your iPhone on iTunes?
- How to backup iPhone to Mac Catalina?
What is Backup?
Backup is a process in which your iPhone makes a copy of your data like images, emails, songs, call history, contacts, etc., and upload them on iCloud. On every iPhone, you have the option to do this and for this, you will get 5GB of space.
On the iPhone, you can use iCloud to backup your iPhone data, or you can use iTunes on your computer or Mac. Both can be used to backup your data and you can restore this data whenever you want.
Using iCloud, you can store your files on the iCloud platform which store data online, and using iTunes you can store them locally on your Mac or PC.
While using these backup methods one thing you should remember that if you use iCloud to backup your files then you can access them anywhere anytime using Wifi.
But if you used iTunes to backup your device then you have to use your Mac or PC to access them as iTunes store data locally.
Why You Should Backup Your iPhone?
You spend your hard-earned money to buy your dream iPhone and now you are using it to store all your memories, pics your favorite songs and other important stuff, but suddenly it broke or stolen by someone. Now you might get a new iPhone but what about your data? You could recover that if you have created its backup on iCloud.
How To Enable iCloud To Backup Your iPhone?
You can follow these simple steps and boom all done.
- Click on the Settings icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your Apple ID/your Name
- Tap the iCloud option.
4. You will see all the apps using iCloud. Swipe down and click on iCloud Backup. if it’s on or not. If not simply click on it to enable it.
iCloud is on and it will backup your iPhone data in every 24 hours, mostly while you were sleeping. One more thing it will only backup your data when you are connected to the wifi network.
Also, you can backup manually as well, for this you can click on Backup Now when you want to create backup , it’s that simple.
Remember, if you are creating backup for the first time then you can click on Backup Now option to start it. It may take some time to analyze the files and create backup.
Readers Also Like:
- How To Download YouTube Video On Any Device?
- Learn Now How To Pair AirPods To MacBook?
- How To Screenshot On MacBook?
How To Backup Your iphone On itunes?
If you want to backup your iPhone on iTunes, then you will need a PC or Mac with iTunes. In the next step, you need to allow your iPhone to communicate with your computer and for that, you can use USB cable or through wifi. Now your device is ready for backup just follow these step
1. Open iTunes on your device and click on the small mobile icon
2. Now you are on the Summary page and you can see all the settings. In the next step, you will click on Backup Now to start the backup process.
Once backup is started it will sync all your data like photos, videos, text messages, application data, emails, etc. from your device and store it on your computer system.
3. After completing the Backup process you can check it on your screen by the name of Last Back with the timestamp.
How To Backup iPhone To Mac Catalina?
These steps guide you on how to backup iPhone to Mac
1. Connect your iPhone with your Mac
2. Open a Finder Window and then click on your device name
In the left sidebar
3. Then click on Trust on your Mac and click Trust on your device when prompted and enter your device passcode to confirm.
4. In next step click on Backup Now and it starts the backup
5. If you want to backup your sensitive information then you can use Encrypt Local backup.
6. If this is your first Encrypt Backup with this id then it will ask you to create a new password. Click on Encrypted Backup and choose a password and then click Set Password.
7. Then enter your password on your iOS device to start the backup.
8. Once backup complete you can look at it on your screen.
If you are not able to backup your data. If you are getting popups like Not Enough Storage then you should fix this issue quickly.
We all know that Apple gives us only 5GB free iCloud storage which we use to backup our files, but the problem is that 5GB is not enough, especially when you have more than one device on the same Apple id. So, what’s the solution?
Are you going to spend some extra bucks and upgrade the storage or you will use any other method?
So, if you have more than one device that you want to use to store your files then you can upgrade your storage by spending 0.99/month for 50GB but if you don’t want to spend money then I am going to tell you method which will help you and save you so much space.
So, here’s the trick in the iCloud backup you have the option to choose which application or files you want to backup. From there you can deselect the apps that you don’t want to backup and save settings.
The camera roll and document-centric apps are the most storage hungry. If you decide to turn these off, just make sure you’re okay with losing the data within them in the event of a restore. We’d suggest saving any documents or photos to your computer frequently to free up storage space.
As this is a small step but it will save you lots of space and now you are all good to go.
Frequently Asked Question
How to backup your iphone without using iCloud?
How to backup your iphone without using iCloud? is one of the most searched question on the internet. So, to backup your iPhone you can use iTunes and store all your files on you laptop.
How to backup your iphone if its screen is dead?
Backup your iphone with dead screen is quite complicated. I will suggest you to visit Apple Support Center for help.