How To Change Instagram Password like a pro
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Daily 300+ million people post their images and videos on it. For some people, it’s a platform to share their images and memories and for some people, it is a source of income.
For security reasons, we all should change our password regularly. But what to do if you forgot your Instagram password and don’t know how to recover it. Don’t worry this article will guide you on how to change Instagram password.
How To Change Instagram Password on Mobile?
First, we will be doing it on the mobile app.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile and then tap on your image at the bottom right side of the app.
- Next click on three lines at the top right side on the app.
- Next, tap the Settings option at the bottom left of the app.
- Then click on the Security option which is the fourth option from the top.
- You are on the Security page, tap on the Password option.
- Now enter your Current Password and then enter your New Password and then save it.
How To Change Instagram Password on Desktop
Open the Instagram web page on your desktop.
Tap the small circle which is to the right of the Edit Profile option and it prompts you a window. Tap on Change Password from the options
Enter your Old or Current Password and then enter your New Password. Confirm the new password and then tap on the Change Password option.
Readers Also Like
- Best Spy app in 2020, It’s Features Will Blow Your Mind!
How To Reset Instagram Password
The steps are the same to Reset Instagram Password on mobile or desktop. Open the Instagram sign-in page on your mobile or desktop screen.
- Tap on the Forget Password option.
- On the next screen, they ask you to enter your email, mobile number, or username and they will send you a link with the help of which you can reset your Instagram password.
- Open your email address and you will see Reset your Password Email from Instagram. Open it and click on the Reset Password button then enter your password and save it
- Make sure you create a strong password using keywords and numbers. You can add special characters to make it more secure. Don’t forget to write it somewhere so that you can remember it
What To Do If I Don't Receive Password Reset Email
- If you’re not getting an Instagram password reset email, then there could be any reason.
- Check your spam folder, you might find your email there.
- Recheck if you enter the right email address or not. Make sure you use the same email address which you use you to sign up for Instagram.
- If your Facebook and Instagram accounts are linked then you can use Facebook to reset your password.
- Contact your email service provider to make sure you are getting all the emails from the @instagram domain.
- Note: If you mistyped your email address when signing up for your account, Instagram will not able to give you access to this account.
What do I do if I've lost access or can’t access the email or mobile number I signed up with on Instagram?
If you’ve lost access to the email or mobile number that you used to sign up for your Instagram account, then you can either try to regain access to the email/mobile number or you can update your profile with a new email, mobile number.
Try to regain access to your email account and to do this you can ask your email provider to help you regain access. All email providers offer a way to recover access to your account if you ever forget your password or if the account is hacked.
Visit the email sign-in page and look for the option like forget password or trouble in signing? That will help you to connect with support staff. They may ask some personal information to verify your account like mobile number, date of birth, security questions, or last password you remember, etc. If everything goes well you will regain access to your email account.
Change your Instagram’s email or mobile number
If you can’t regain access to the email or mobile number that you used to sign up for Instagram, then you will need to log in to your Instagram and change the existing email or mobile number with a new email account that you can access. This small step helps you to continue access to your Instagram.
Note: This will only work for those who can access Instagram either with their email, mobile number, or using Facebook. If you can’t access Instagram profile settings, you won’t be able to continue.
After you logged into Instagram, go to your Profile. Click on the Edit Profile option and scroll down and search for the email section. In the email, section enters your new email id and then save the setting. Once you save the settings you will receive a request email to confirm or deny the change.
How to change my email or mobile number when I can't access my Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and enter your last known email address or mobile number.
- Tap Forgot password?
- Tap Need more help?
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit a support request.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to open the Instagram sign in page and try to login with last password you remember if you not able to login then you can click on forgot password option. You will be redirected to new page where instagram will ask you some info to check account authority and then send you password reset link on your device. Use this link to reset your instagram password.
Yes you can, but make sure you use the same email id that is registered with you Instagram account.
Yes, you can, for this, you need to submit a request to Instagram and they will look in the account, this process can take some time.